Wednesday 1 August 2012

Bubbleology

In late March, I was in London meeting up with my ‘rollerblading buddy’ that I had not seen for a few months whose favourite shops include Harvey Nichols. We had done some window-shopping in Knightsbridge, when we became rather thirsty and decided to go to the food court at ‘Harvey Nicks’.

We stumbled across a ‘bubble tea’ counter near the entrance called Bubbleology. The concept of bubble tea was another one that I had only come across recently, also while I was in Melbourne, but as I was not then a frequent visitor to Chinatown, London, as I am now, the bubble tea concept to me was a novel one.

My friend, being a Chinese Malaysian, had tried this drink in the Far East, as it originates from Taiwan, and recommended that I give it a fair try. Even though I had seen bubble tea counters in Melbourne, I had never had the courage to try it as the idea of tapioca balls at the bottom of your throw-away, plastic, tea ‘glass’ was so alien and rather unappealing to someone who comes from the land of ‘proper tea’ in a cup and saucer, India.

So finding myself on the Fifth Floor of Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, I decided it was now or never. With the plethora or fruit based and milk based teas, I decided to mix 2 flavours, almond and coconut. I was converted! What a sensational, creamy combination! The tapioca balls were a delight; soft and squidgy, random surprises as they too are slurped up the wide straw along with the delicious tea!

As far as I know, this is the first, mainstream, bubble tea chain in London as there are now three branches of Bubbleology: Soho, Notting Hill and Knightsbridge. Full credit to the owner who brought this already internationally renowned drink to London! A fantastically thought out business idea! I have since been to the Soho branch on Rupert Street many times and have tried plenty flavours including one of my favourites, Matcha Milk Tea (see picture).



So friends, go try, you may just be pleasantly surprised and may even become addicted to bubble tea… http://www.bubbleology.co.uk/

Enjoy your tea! ‘Til next week amigos! … xx



© Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and London Eateries, 2012 - 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and London Eateries with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment