Thursday 16 August 2012

Cote Bistros - Restaurant Chain across the UK

http://www.cote-restaurants.co.uk/Index.html

Good day readers!

French food is famed as the creme de la creme of all cuisines and as a result, eating out in French restaurants in London can become quite an expensive affair! However, I have recently discovered a chain of French restaurants that first started out in London but have since expanded into other UK cities. Cote is a fantastic brand that prides itself in excellent dining at affordable prices. Cote even won the Good Food Guide award for 'Best Value Restaurant in the UK for 2009'.

I was there (at the Bath restaurant) with my Parisian friend when we revisited Bath about a month back for our reunion. With her exquisite French palate and keen interest in French gastronomy, she assured me that the standard of French cuisine at Cote was just fantastic! As far as I am concerned, if it got the French seal of approval, it has to be good! :)

I had the Crab Mayonnaise for starters:



Crab mayonnaise with avocado, cucumber, capers and tarragon with toasted sourdough bread.

Fabulous taste and just the perfect amount for a starter... scrumptious!

For the main course, I had a 'special' that was made for customers just for the day:



Lamb with fennel, cashews and olives with a caramelised onion jus (as far as I remember) ... just delicious!

And for dessert, the Tarte Tatin which my friend told me was one of the best she had tasted and I, too, thought it was amazing! 'Traditional French caramelised apple tart served with Calvados cream' - YUMMY! Unfortunately, we were so absorbed in eating it that I forgot to take a picture of it for you all to see. :(

Nevertheless, you must go and try it; in fact, have a 3 course meal with wine at Cote and I promise you, you will not be disappointed! One of the best meals I have had in a restaurant in a long while and the customer service we experienced was super! :)

As always, do let me know about your eating experiences at Cote or any of the other restaurants/cafes that I featured on my blogs.

'Til next time amigos ...

Bon appétit mes amis! xx



© Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and London Eateries, 2012 - 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Londontopnosh, Meetali Parekh and London Eateries with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

1 comment: